Senior Solutions (Geriatric Care Management)
Our Senior Solutions Program offers a wide range of services to help families through the transition of aging, as well as therapeutic counseling for individuals and families. Services can be individualized to meet specific needs and goals. Emphasis is placed on creative solutions for achieving personal goals and functional potential. The Care Manager has the ability to work within the existing network of programs offered by REAL Services/Area 2 Agency on Aging or to access or develop resources to meet specific needs. Services are provided on a private pay basis.
Some of the situations that can be facilitated by Senior Solutions include:
- Setting up and oversight of home care services
- Monitoring and providing social support to an elderly person in their home
- Communicating with family members or other responsible parties about the status of the elderly client
- Advocating for specific needs in a nursing home or other institutional setting
- Providing individual and family counseling for issues such as grief, life adjustment and coping with health concerns including depression.
- Assisting in hospital discharge planning to facilitate successful transitions
This service is especially helpful to out of town relatives or guardians to offer peace of mind that their loved one is doing well. It could also provide much needed support to busy family members when time and energy are stretched too thin by competing demands.
To find out more about Private Geriatric Care Management and Eldercare Counseling you may contact our Aging Resource Connection: 574-284-2644 or 800-552-7928 or you may contact Mary Carroll directly at 574-284-7160.
Email your questions to Mary Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org