- Contact Our Ombudsmen
- View Our Ombudsman Brochure
- Become a Nursing Facility Friendly Visitor
- Contact the Indiana State Department of Health Hotline
- List of Local Nursing Faciliites
- Residents Rights
- Addressing Problems in the Nursing Home
- Choosing a Nursing Home
- Resources / Links
- Volunteer Monthly Report
- Receive email notification regarding legislation that will impact the elderly
- Submit a Complaint to the Ombudsman
What Does an Ombudsman Do?
Helps residents resolve individual concerns about care & services, rights & safety, & other issues.
Encourages and helps organize opportunities for residents to voice their opinions on issues.
Works with residents and others to change and improve long term care.
Develops educational resources for residents, community groups and professionals on long term care.
Works with providers, residents, and organizations to increase awareness of practices in long term care (LTC).
Promotes community education and awareness of the needs of long term care consumers.
Provides information to residents planning for their own care, or others planning for family & friends. Information on specific LTC facilities as well as LTC options & choices is available.