MOW is great for retired individuals, business groups, families and anyone that is free during the lunch hour!
Help provide a healthy meal to a homebound adult by delivering a meal to their house in the South Bend/Mishawaka area.
- You or your group becomes responsible for a weekly route, which takes an average of 1-1.5 hours to complete.
- Meals are to be delivered between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on weekdays.
- Ride with a current MOW volunteer to learn “the ropes” and what it’s like to visit a client’s home.
- Route information and training is provided until you and/or your group is comfortable delivering on your/their own.
- A modest gas stipend is available.
- Lunch is provided for volunteers!
Individuals or Groups
- This is a family-friendly volunteer experience! Individuals, couples, neighbors, and friends are welcome.
- Businesses and community groups should also consider taking on a route! For example, eight people from a department can rotate, going in pairs to complete the route once each month.
- Routes are filled based on their availability at a given time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Complete the Volunteer Application to get started!
- Only one person per group or family needs to go through the application process.
- If you would like to volunteer for Meals on Wheels outside of St. Joseph or Elkhart Counties, you will have to contact that county’s Meals on Wheels Program.
Kosciusko Community Senior Services: (574) 267 – 4648
LaPorte City Meals on Wheels: (219) 326 – 2475
LaPorte County Meals on Wheels: (219) 872 – 9117
Marshall County Meals on Wheels: (574) 936 – 9904
Complete the Volunteer Application to get started!